Ma’ayan is an education program for children with special needs. Our goal is to ensure that a Jewish education is accessible to every child. We are committed to helping Jewish families provide their children with a Jewish education and fulfill their dreams of seeing their child called to the Torah as a Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
Affiliation with Temple Emanu-El is not required to attend the Ma’ayan program. Attendance in the Ma’yaan program is sufficient to fill requirements to become a Bar/Bat Mitzvah. However, families who are affiliated with another synagogue may use the Ma’ayan program to supplement their child’s existing religious education program.
Ma’ayan provides a variety of programs for children of all ages:
- In collaboration with the JCC of Central NJ, Ma’ayan will host educational programs for families with children with special needs.
- Classes for children ages 5 and older with special needs are taught by a certified special education teacher.
- A trained teen shadow pairs with each student for peer support in the classroom.
- Children will develop a love and understanding of Judaism through rituals and practice including Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- We make every effort to integrate special needs students into the mainstream religious school each week.
- Small group and individual specialized instruction prepares students for their Bar/Bat Mitzvah.