10 sessions- Sunday mornings, 9:00-10:30. This program will begin on January 23 in person.
Temple Emanu-El’s Intro to Judaism course is designed for interfaith couples, adults raising Jewish children, spiritual seekers, individuals considering conversion, and Jews who want a meaningful adult Jewish learning experience. Wherever you are on your journey, this class is designed to be a safe and welcoming place for you to explore the many facets of Jewish life.
Jewish People, Beliefs and Sacred Texts
- The People of the Book – Sacred Text
- Jewish Prayer and the Synagogue
- What do Jews believe?
Living in Jewish Time
- Shabbat and the Jewish Calendar
- The High Holy Days
- Festivals and Modern Holidays
Living a Jewish Life
- Creating a Jewish Home
- The Jewish Lifecycle
- Observing the Mitzvot
The Jewish Story
- Jewish History
- The Holocaust
- Israel and Zionism
- Reform Judaism and the American Jewish Experience