Please contact Carol Jassin at 908-232-6770, ext 120 or CJassin@tewnj.org to make your donation of $10 or more, or use the online form (for Temple members only) to make your donation. A letter of Acknowledgment will be sent on your behalf.
If you are writing a check, please make sure the check is made payable to Temple Emanu-El and the Fund Name be put on the memo line.
Thank you for supporting Temple Emanu-El through our Tribute Program. Please see the list below for available funds.
Temple Emanu-El Funds
Used for worthy purposes within and outside the Temple at the discretion of the Rabbis and Cantor.
- Rabbi Miller’s Discretionary Fund
- Rabbi Prosnit’s Discretionary Fund
- Cantor Novick’s Discretionary Fund
- Cantor Rubel’s Discretionary Fund
To enhance education and learning for both adults and children, including children with special learning needs.
Early Childhood Education Fund: To provide enhancements to the curriculum in the form of equipment, materials, and furnishings. Also used for financial assistance to continue a child’s early childhood education for those families in need.
Harold N. Gast Memorial Fund: For purposes recommended by the senior rabbi. Used for musical programs, adult education, and cultural events.
Jack A. Sanzalone Memorial Fund: To improve the lives and enhance the development of young children who face special challenges, be they physical, intellectual, emotional or financial.
Kabakow Fund: To assist senior citizens educationally and culturally.
Lifelong Learning Fund: To enhance Jewish education in all areas of Temple and community life.
Peter & Toby Ganz Fund: For special needs education.
Peter Chorost Memorial Fund: For disbursement to any special education programs for children with special needs.
Rabbi Charles A. Kroloff Fund for Jewish Learning: To enhance Jewish education in all areas of Temple and community life.
Religious School Fund: To enhance the quality of Jewish education through special educational programs, materials and equipment, and crisis intervention.
Schoenbach Family Fund: For Jewish education.
Scholarship Fund for Educationally Challenged Children: To assist educationally challenged children from our Religious/Hebrew School whose families require financial assistance in order to enhance the child’s Jewish learning experience.
Solomon J. Buchsbaum Fund: To be used for Jewish education.
The Abe & Selma Benjamin Scholarship Fund for Rabbinic Studies:For any student of our Temple who will be pursuing a career as a rabbi and who is in financial need.
The Holly E. Wetscher Ma’Ayan Education Fund: To provide funds for the Ma’Ayan program which offers Hebrew education for developmentally disabled children.
Thomas Glasser Fund: For Jewish education.
The Wendy Rosenberg Memorial Fund: To support the Madrichim Program and to support Poetry & Arts in the Religious School.
Weidhorn Early Childhood Outdoor Classroom Fund: To provide support for the creation and upkeep of the Weidhorn Early Childhood Outdoor Classroom at Temple Emanu-El, Westfield, NJ.
These have been established for special congregational and Temple needs.
- Brody Chapel Ark Fund: To help fund the cost of a new Ark curtain and torah covers.
- Create a Jewish Legacy Fund: To support the efforts of the Legacy Committee to market legacy giving and to support stewardship and recognition of legacy donors.
- Endowment Fund: For major programs and physical improvements that cannot be financed by the annual operating budget. The ensured fiscal integrity of the Temple’s future.
- Interiors: To maintain and augment our fine art and museum-quality collection of Judaica and to help support the upkeep and improvement of the buildings design and décor.
- Joyce Tischler Oneg Shabbat and Flower Fund: For flowers at Shabbat and holiday services; to provide onegs when needed. Sponsored by Sisterhood.
- Large Print Prayer Book: For the purpose of purchasing large print prayer books for Shabbat, weekday, festival and High Holyday services.
- Lavy House Fund: To support programming and to provide for necessary maintenance repairs.
- Nanci Pompan Fund for Women’s Empowerment: To underwrite programs empowering young Jewish women to feel strong, but also to feel stronger together.
- Prayerbook Fund: To replace worn prayerbooks and add new ones. Donor name is shown in the front of the book. Sponsored by Sisterhood.
- Security Fund: To protect and preserve Temple Emanu-El, its congregants and its properties.
- Temple Fund: Used where needed in the Temple.
- Tribeca Oven, Inc. Kitchen Fund: For the repair, maintenance and support of our kitchen.
- Yahrzeit Fund: Funds contributed on the occasion of a yahrzeit. Designated primarily, but not exclusively, for ritual-related purposes especially prayerbooks and Torah commentaries.
To assist students in partaking of Israel-based travel and educational programs; to assist the State of Israel and her citizens.
- Herbert Brody Memorial Fund: For Israel Scholarships.
- Pauline Tedlow Goldberg Israel Scholarship Fund: For scholarships to high school students participating in the Eisendrath International Exchange Program or comparable programs.
To expand the library collection and library facilities.
- Alina Lynn Siegel Library Fund: To purchase books, videos, and other materials that will deepen the Jewish knowledge of young people.
- Fritz and Edith Lehr Library Fund: To be used for family education and the Lehr Library.
- Jack Rindner Fund: For the purpose of donating Jewish content photography books to the Lehr Library.
- Martin Schulman Fund: For the Lehr Library to enhance the services of the Temple Library.
- Video Library Fund: To purchase videos for Religious School, youth groups, adult learning, and other Temple programs.
To enhance cantorial and music programs.
- Al D. Finkelstein Choir Fund: To buy music and support the needs of the Temple choir.
- Harold N. Gast Memorial Fund: For purposes recommended by the Senior Rabbi. Used for musical programs, adult education, and cultural events.
- Laura Holland Music Shabbat Fund: To enhance our yearly Music Shabbat service and programs.
- Marvin Fein Fund for Cantorial Music: To support cantorial music programs.
- Rose and Fred Music Fund: To provide support for the Annual Music Shabbat and other special music events at Temple Emanu-El.
- Shabbat Hallelu/Simchat Shabbat Fund in Memory of David Kopelman: To support the costs and related expenses of Shabbat Hallelu and Simchat Shabbat.
- Holiday Wall Plaques: Donation is $250. Plaques to celebrate joyous occasions; displayed in the lobby. Sponsored by Men’s Club.
- Memorial Plaques: Donation is $500. Plaques placed in the sanctuary to memorialize loved ones. Lights are lit on Yom Kippur and on the Shabbat before yahrzeit.
Supports continuing social justice projects at Temple Emanu-El.
- Caring Community Fund: Helps congregants facing emotionally difficult situations by putting them in touch with other congregants who have faced a similar situation.
- Harris and Sally Gilbert Fund for Social Justice: To support projects and programs on behalf of Tikkun Olam.
- Jacqueline Hope Lewis Memorial Fund: For needs of youth, education, and Caring Community.
- Lauren Danis Eldernet Fund: To match elderly or infirm people with specific needs to those who might be able to help.
- Mandy Reichman Fund: For the purpose of providing food for the hungry in our greater community and for tzedakah awareness education.
- Mitzvah Garden Fund: To help purchase supplies and other needed resources so the Temple Emanu-El Mitzvah Garden can grow vegetables for the local food pantry.
- The Adam Bengal Housing the Homeless Fund: For emergency situations of homeless or nearly-homeless people; including guests in our homeless program.
- The Harry and Estelle Baron Caregivers Fund: To be exclusively used in support of the Aging in Place Program located at the Lavy House in partnership with JFS and the Westfield United Fund, and that NO funds may be used for maintenance or support of the Lavy House itself.
Specific projects of $250 or more can be under-written by individuals or groups to memorialize or honor loved ones or to support something of importance to the donor.
Please call Brian Chartock, Executive Director of Temple Emanu-El, for more information, 908-232-6770, ext. 114.
To assist youth in attending Jewish summer camps and similar programs; to enhance junior and senior youth group programming; to provide scholarships for educational purposes.
- Alan Goldstein Institute: To support the development of young leadership.
- Charles Alpert Memorial Fund: To encourage Jewish studies and community service in the Confirmation Class.
- Emily Wolin Memorial Fund: For special needs with particular emphasis on Jewish youth.
- Jyl Skolnick Scholarship Fund: To provide scholarship assistance for children to attend Camp Harlam or Mitzvah Corps.
- Milton and Mildred Wasch Foundation: For youth group needs.
- The Lisbeth Brodie Fund: for Jewish Education and Camping To enable students at Temple Emanu-El and others to attend URJ camps, Israel programs, and other programs to study and experience Jewish life. To assist students who have financial need to attend Temple Emanu-El Religious School.
- The Jeff and Eleanor Peris Camp Scholarship Fund: To support a Jewish Summer Camp experience for Temple Emanu-El youth in need of financial assistance.
- Youth Fund: To support existing and new youth programs and activities, and to defray expenses of Jewish activities for youth group members and college youth.